Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanks for Thanksgiving

I love thanksgiving. I like that you just eat, relax, and enjoy the company.

This was the first year that Kase came to Thanksgiving at my family's house. It was fun. Dad grills the turkey. Yum. Overall, the weekend was very relaxing and I feel very warm and fuzzy today. Also, a bit hungry. I think I got use to eating every five seconds.
Here are some highlights from the long (and yet too short) weekend:

-My parents' dog had a Thanksgiving snack... a nibble from my dogs head. As seen here:

- My dog was very thankful for not being eaten and for being able to sleep in our room.

- Dad lost the carton of eggs. We looked everywhere and found the eggs in the freezer. Oops.
- The food was delicious and Thanksgiving leftovers taste just as good the next day. Pumpkin pie, Carrot cake, and coconut chewy bars. oh yeah.


- My aunt, uncle, and cousins came over to feast on the yummyness.

- I made deviled eggs and thought about my grandmother who was not with us for the first time this Thanksgiving (deviled eggs were her specialty).

- We saw the movie Bolt. It was cute. During the movie I learned you can never eat too much popcorn, even when you are already full of turkey. BUT you will regret it later.

- Dad and Kase went to the electronics store... and they both came out with new flat screen tvs. Ok Maybe this one was more of a low-light. Lesson learned. Never let your husband and father hang out in an electronic store. Never.

- I slept in every day and then took several naps.

- I ate lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant with one of my best friends and her boyfriend, Herbie.

- Solitaire.

- I got to spend time with Kase without his work phone ringing every 5 minutes.


- I got to spend 4 whole days with my mom, dad, and sister! It was nice.

I am so thankful.

Now, lets put up the CHRISTMAS TREE!!!! YAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that this was a great time together, I can give a first hand account that all of this is true and was a great time.