Monday, December 15, 2008

It's a Jolly Graduation with you....

Sometimes, I have to be in the mood to write. Now is not one of those times, but I feel I need to write a little about last week. So here we go...

Last Wednesday, Kase surprised me with a trip to see A Christmas Carol at the UT theatre/theater. He is very sneaky like that. I am also very gullible, so it makes for some good surpises. Last year was our first annual trip to see the play, wink wink, and we absolutely loved it. Now we have made it our tradition. If you have never seen it at UT, it is wonderful. AND you can buy hot chocolate in the lobby for $1.00!!! I also get to dress up and then I always feel like I should have a British accent afterwards. It was quite a jolly good time, I must say. Jolly good.


I should also mention that on Friday I graduated!!! I got to wear the nifty little hood with my cap/gown ensemble. If you don't know me well, you should know that I am prone to clumsines and/or accidents. For example, I trip a lot and always seem to spill something on my shirt when I am wearing white. Well, right before I went into the ceremony I had something in my eye so I decided to take my contact out and rinse it with some water out of a bottle. I started to pour a little water into my hand when it dumped out all over my lap, gown and all. I was so upset because I just knew I would look like I had wet my pants when I walked across the stage. However, someone out there in the cap/gown designing world is brilliant and made the gowns WATER PROOF! How great is that! The water just rolled right off. Terrific!

My Father-in-Law is the Miami Dolphins' number one fan. It's fitting that the colors for my hood were coincidentally the Dolphins' colors: Turquoise and orange. Nice!


For the graduation ceremony, like the play, I got to dress up and I felt like I should have a british accent afterwards. However, it wasn't as entertaining as the play. It was worth it though. My Mom, Dad, Sister, Husband, Mother-in-law and Father-in-law (aka SuperDeb and Padre) were there. We all went out to dinner afterwards and it was delicious! It was nice to have our family together. It feels great to finally have my masters and be done with school.



P.S. Other highlights of the weekend were spending time with family, wrapping presents, and shopping. Once again Dad and Kase ended up shopping together. Never good (See TV incident on Thanksgiving). They both came home with new coats.


P.S.S. Kase, if you are reading this, I really really liked that soft white fuzzy blanket made by/with the sherpa people/fabric. It was really nice. hint hint hint. Love you.


P.S.S.S. My husband is amazing and I am not just saying that because I want, I mean need that blanket. Nope. He really is.

4 comments:

Katy Beth said...

Blankets are amazing! You can never have enough!

Bill and Jennifer Hammond said...

Thanks Laura, that's really sweet of you!!! Yesterday I probably could have used a little help, because Bill was working from 3 pm until 11...but I didn't want to bother anyone...I survived though!! I'm feeling much better today, I finished our Christmas shopping and now I'm just doing the hard part..gluing, hammering...and what not. Congratulations on graduating, what have you been up to since then?

Katina Angola said...

First of congrats on graduating! second of all....you are so smart...hinting what you want for christmas on your blog. I would do it but Albert never reads my blog.

Lori said...

Congratulations on your graduation! I bet you felt extra smart and special in that hood (I know I would!).