Monday, December 8, 2008

Cute Sheep and a Dalmation


This weekend was good. I finished my LAST TWO PAPERS/FINALS EVER!!! That was exciting. It mostly involved me doing everything I could possibly think of before actually writing the papers. Then post-writing, I had to do some tweaking to make the papers look longer. SHHHH don't tell my professors. Maybe they won't notice.


Saturday night was our ward christmas party. I would've snapped some oh so cute pictures except that I was too busy and I left my camera in my purse. I was in charge of coordinating the nativity scene done by the primary kids. I think it went pretty well. As good as can be expected. I mean getting around 30 kids under 12 together to put on a skit they have never practiced can be a challenge. I loved it though. They are all so darn cute. Kase read the nativity story, all the kids had to do was get their costumes on, walk out on the stage, and look cute. The kids were so excited to choose whether they wanted to be an animal, angel, or shepherd. We had around 7 of each because we wanted everyone to be included. Not to name names, but Josh Cruze was adorable. He wanted to be a sheep soooo bad. So I found a cute sheep costume and helped him put it on. As I pinned his hat, errrr sheep head, on he started baaahh-ing. So cute. Ok maybe you had to be there, but I thought Lori might like that story. He made my heart melt.


Also, one of the kids had a white robe on with little black spots and she asked me what she was suppose to be. I was overwhelmed getting kids into costumes so i quickly answered the first thing that popped into my head. "You're a dalmation. Now get ready". At which she then began to bark. It wasn't later until I realized I think she was suppose to be a cow. oops.


Another great part was when one of the wise men, well, his dress/rob was too long, and he couldn't get up the stairs to go out on stage. I hid my laughter but it was quite funny.


Later Saturday, Kase and I spent time with his brother and his brother's girlfriend. I really like her. She is very nice and they are so cute. If she wants, I think she should join the family. It's a pretty sweet family to be a part of. I'm just saying. No pressure though.


Well, that's all of my weekend. Not too exciting. But I am glad to have school done. Now I just have to walk across the stage at graduation Friday without triping and falling. ..... This could be a challenge.

3 comments:

erin said...

Congats on graduating! Good luck on not falling!

Lori said...

You're done! That has got to be one of the all-time best feelings ever!
I thought that one particular sheep was pretty darn cute, too. I loved how he just kept repeating his line throughout the reading.
"Baaaah."

Bill and Jennifer Hammond said...

The Nativity scene was a success!!! Very cute! Bill and I had a great time at the Christmas party!! Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you, check out my blog for details!!