Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Christmas Part I

Christmas is over... and I miss it already. Everything was so exciting. There was joy in the air. At work, homemade treats would randomly appear in the kitchen and neatly wrapped gifts would appear on my desk. In the car, fun carols would be sung and almost every radio station would play songs celebrating the Savior. At home, there were treasures to wrap, goodies to bake, and warm movies to watch.

Now it seems colder outside. The sparkle and warmth has dissapeared. The carols have faded away.

Oh, bother. BUT DO NOT FRET! A New Year lingers but only a few days away. Here to bring back the sparkle and warmth. Hooray!

Now about my Christmas. It was wonderful. My favorite thing about Christmas is spending time with family. And there was plenty of that. This year was the first, yes, first year that we stayed here for Christmas. I had a lovely time.


Christmas morning, Kase and I woke up and we opened presents at home.



Presents for him, for me, and for the monster.


Our stockings had been hung by the chimney with care. One of my favorite tradtions, I grew up with stockings full of favorite candies,toys, socks, and other small treasures. This year, Kase was in charge of the insurmountable feat of filling my stocking. Although, he is the most perfect husband, after he ran around looking for reese's peanut butter christmas trees, my stocking found itself filled with 2 oranges. Apparently, shopping for such treasure before last minute on Christmas eve is not his strong suit. (Little did he know, my stocking was really filled with joy disguised as oranges. When my mother later heard the orange story, she laughed all through dinner. A good time had by all. A great stocking filler.)




A treasure hunt lead Kase to his very last gift.


Then we went over to his parent's house to enjoy the rest of Christmas day. The food was delicious and the family was so fun. I loved watching our niece and nephew open their gifts.

*See Below The TreeAngela and LotusRyan, Kase, and ThomasKatie PadreThomas, Scott, and RyanSophie and Carrie (that's what all her dolls are named)Padre and his new toy SuperDeb and her new toy


My favorite gift was from my mother-in-law. I hope I don't embarrass her by blogging about it. She gave me a beautiful bracelet with a very sweet letter. It made me feel very loved and very much like a part of the family. Which, by the way, I am very glad to be part of such a wonderful family. This was a wonderful Christmas gift for a wonderful Christmas.




Christmas Fairy. Don't ask.

*Kase wants to emphasize that people in pictures are not as unattractive as they may appear.

No comments: