Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

So, my current church calling is in Primary. That means lots of kids ages 3 to 11. (Our ward has around 60!) One of my favorite things to do in my calling is to listen. I sit in the back of the room on Sunday and listen to all the funny things that the kids say. Last Sunday, we learned about Adam and Eve.

Teacher: Adam and Eve were married in the Garden of Eden.

Kid #1: Really? What kind of wedding cake did they have?

Teacher: Well... I don't think they had wedding cake back then.

Kid #2: What?! What did they eat then?

Teacher: Well, they had really good fruit. There was only one fruit tree that they weren't suppose to eat from. So they probably ate fruit.

Kid #3: OH! So they had FRUIT CAKE?!!

2 comments:

Bill and Jennifer Hammond said...

Oh man...I missed that one!!!! SO CUTE!!!

Katy Beth said...

Haha! Don't you just love it? Can't help but laugh & just want to give them the biggest hug.