Monday, November 10, 2008

My Peeps




This weekend was good. I didn't really do anything. Nothing. Nada. (Well, Kase did take me to a really delicious restaraunt, Amerigo, it was soooooooo good!!!) Friday, however, I did visit with a long-lost friend from high school. She called to say she was in town and so I dropped by where she was staying to say hello.
It was good to see her. We laughed about funny stories from long ago and discussed what has happened in our lives in the last few years. I had a few thoughts after our visit:
1. I have changed a lot. And as much as I hate change, I think it is good.
2. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. It helps me know who I am and why I am here. It gives my life purpose and helps me know where I am going.
3. I don't think I have washed my car since I last saw my friend.... and that has been a while.
4. I love my husband soooo much. I am blessed to have someone who treats me so well.
5. I miss my friend. I need to keep in better touch with those friends I have lost track of over the years.
6. I need to make more friends. Life is so busy with work and school and it's hard to find time for friends, but I really should.
7. I appreciate people who are different from me. My friend was always, and still is, my complete opposite. It helps me see how others view the world, and I hope that it helps me to be more understanding of others.
8. I really love Taco Bell. (what? I was hungry when I left)
I had a good time visiting with my friend. Thanks for chatting and helping me think. Till we meet again...

2 comments:

erin said...

Hey Laura! I was so glad to here from you! I agree with your post - meeting up with old friends does make you realize just how much you've changed. Tell Kase I said "Hi"!

Beth said...

Yea! I didn't know you had a blog!! Sounds like you guys are doing great and having fun! We have one too-check it out!