Friday, November 14, 2008

iBrain





Who needs an ipod when you have a weird ibrain like me?

Everyday I wake up with a random song in my head. Sometimes it's songs I like, other times it's ones that I can't stand, and even other times it is songs that I haven't heard in years.

Sometimes in the mornings when I am drifting out of sleep, I realize a song is in my head and so I sing it. (quietly or in my head) Today I didn't realize the song was in my head until I was singing it in the shower. Yesterday I was singing in the bathroom while I was getting ready and Kase said: "So I'm going to ask you a question. I really don't mind but why are you singing the star spangled banner?". I had no idea.

Here is my playlist so far for this week:

Sunday- "MMM MMM MMM MMM" by the Crash Test Dummies (haven't heard it in years)

Monday- I was too tired/grumpy for a song I guess.

Tuesday- "If the Savior stood beside me" (I have a reason for this one. It is my new favorite primary song and I guess I was making up for the un-churchy song on Sunday and the grumpiness on Monday)

Wednesday- "I'll Walk" by Bucky Covington. (I really don't like this song and I have no idea how I knew all the words.)

Thursday- The Star Spangled Banner

Friday- "Bittersweet Syphony" by The Verve (It's a total 90's song, I haven't heard it in years, and I don't like it very much.)

So that's it so far. Weird huh? The most common song that I have in my head is "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid, but really what girl doesn't have that in their head most of the time?

I am grateful for one thing though, even though I can't sing in the slightest, Kase is a good sport. He never complains and he can usually make out what song I am trying to sing. (Well... most of the time)

My brain really needs a new playlist.

5 comments:

Katy Beth said...

Hi there!
Good to see you on here & hear you're doing well!

It's crazy, but I do the exact same thing! I thought I was the only one!! haha

Harding Family said...

Wow! It was fun to hear from you, Laura! We miss all our dear crazy friends in Knoxville. I miss our softball days...oh, the memories. Glad to hear you are doing great! Give Kase a 'hello'. Love to you all, Chad and Tiffany

Yo Mama said...

So Funny!! If there were only some way that I could download your brainy playlist to my blog, I'd be jamming. thanks for the shout out. I remember you from institute. I'm glad that you are in the same ward with my brothers. They are so much fun. Lurk around my blog all you want. I love it. Cio!

andrea said...

That's awesome!!! Gotta love the little Mermaid!

Bill and Jennifer Hammond said...

you are so stinking cute!!