Thursday, August 30, 2012

An Announcement: We're having a piggy

According to Eliza, we are having a piggy. That is what she said when she noticed the baby on the "tv." She said "Look Daddy! It's a piggy!!!" He asked her where and she said "In the picture!!" As if we were all too dumb to see the little piggy wiggling around.

According to the ultrasound tech, we are having another sweet baby girl. We are excited. I saw a picture of two sisters holding hands yesterday and it made me even more excited. Plus I get to break out all those cute close that I saved. PLUS girls are awesome.

And even better is that our baby looks healthy. When we had Eliza's 20 week ultrasound we found out she had a dilated kidney and it was worrisome to us. So I was relieved that we did not find anything to worry about.

However, the ultrasound tech was not my favorite.Prior to doing the ultrasound she asked me if we would like to know the gender. I said that would be great if at all possible. Then she gave me this speech about how the ultrasound's purpose was not to find out the gender, and that she has a very important job of measuring body parts and looking out for our baby to be healthy. As if I didn't care about my baby being healthy. Really lady? Then when she found out we had brought Eliza with us she gave me another speach about how her job is very important and if she is at all distracted by Eliza she will need someone to take her out. As if I didn't already think of that. Really lady? Really??? THEN she kept complaining about how our baby wasn't cooperating and she had never seen a baby so balled up and so low. We must have another head strong baby girl on our hands.

On the plus side, since the tech did not get any pictures of the baby's face, we get another ultrasound in 8 weeks to make sure she does not have a cleft lip. So we get to see her ('her' meaning the baby, hopefully not the same ultrasound tech) again. It is so fun to see her move around. I don't think I will ever get use to that.

The only downside is picking a name. I have a boy name that I have loved forever and ever. I love it so much that I dream about a little one with that name. Still holding out hope of using that one day. Even if our last baby is another girl, I plan on using the girl version of the name. But I don't feel that this sweet baby is our last. And I do not have a girl name that I adore. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so excited for your little girl and I'm glad she is healthy! I give you full permission to use my new favorite girl name: Savanna. I wish I would have remembered it 6 months ago, but that's okay. :)

Erin_C said...

Congratulations! So glad you don't have to worry about anything! Sisters really are so much fun.

I'm in love with Caroline. Southern and classy and a little old fashioned like Eliza. Chris has a cousin named Caroline C so it would have been a little weird if we used it :)

The Fishers said...

Yay! Bummer about the tech, but YAY for baby girl! I'll have to suggest Genevieve for a name (possibly call her Genny?) - I've always loved that name but for some reason it doesn't seem to fit with any of my future babies.

Tiffany said...

yay!!!

name suggestions:
Hazel (I have a fondness for this name b/c I had a cousin named Hazel and loved her so much.)
I love Penelope. Lucinda, Caroline, Stella, Sophia, Edith (my grandma's first name), Elaine, and Ava. I'm sure whatever name you pick out, will be perfect and fit her personality. Can' wait to meet her!