Friday, August 24, 2012

A Pregnancy Post

It has been very different being pregnant this time.

I got bigger quicker. I worry more about things going wrong. I am in my 2nd trimester and still feeling sick.

When I was pregnant with Eliza I took weekly belly shots to record my growing belly. I am 19 weeks this week and I have not taken one picture.

Last time, I wrote a lot of my feelings down in my journal. This time, it has been the very minimal basics.

Last time, I read my pregnancy book every week to see what was in store. This time, I have barely cracked the book.

Yes, I am busier this time chasing around a 2 year old, but it also just feels different.

This time, I am even more excited to meet this little one because I know what fun little things he/she can turn into.

This time, I am less scared of giving birth and more scared of the first 6 weeks of the baby's life. (PLEASE PRAY THIS ONE WILL NOT CRY ALL. OF. THE. TIME.)

This time, I know enough to know I don't know much and I can't control much so I am just trying to enjoy the ride.


I am excited to meet this little one. I am so excited to watch another little person change and grow.  I am so honored to be able to welcome him/her into this world. I am so blessed to be able to be his/her mother.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

All I have to say is, after those first 6 weeks with Eliza, you deserve a baby that will sleep at least 8 hours through the night, every night. :)

I love you and really want to see you soon!!