Tuesday, August 14, 2012

6 years

I remember the first time I saw Kase. I'd say it was about 2001. I was at the institute building and this boy came down the stairs with his flip flops on and furry hobbit toes... and I was smitten. Ok not really smitten, but I thought he was really cute and there was something about him. Something that was different. Alas, I had a boyfriend and so a friendship began. I secretly thought my friend with the green eyes and fluffy head of hair was absolutely adorable. We could talk for hours and he made me laugh. Then, it came time for him to leave on a mission for our church to California. So he left, and I waited.... no I mean dated. But I wrote him. A lot. Like more than a normal person probably should. We talked about all sort of things, and when I would open up my mailbox to find a letter from him I would get butterflies in my stomach. Nevermind that I had a boyfriend (a different one this time). I knew Kase was the one for me.

Have I ever told you that Kase asked me to marry him twice? Well, really it was only officially one time, but secretly it was twice. We were watching a movie and he had fallen asleep. I suspect he was faking though. While in his drowsy state, he said "You should marry me." I thought I would pass out from excitment, and I was so glad he figured out that I should marry him.

The first gift Kase ever bought me was a Simon and Garfunkel record. He bought it while he was on his mission and mailed it to me. He remembered that I loved S&G. I think he kind of liked me.

When we got married, I remember staring at him and looking into the beautiful mirrors surrounding us and thinking that I sure loved this boy. I was so excited to see our future together.

That was 6 years ago on August 12th. As I have watched the begginning of our story together unfold, I have been amazed. Together we have laughed, cried, loved, and created a beautiful, sweet, special daughter. Plus another baby on the way! It has been an amazing 6 years.

I have not cleaned the house lately, done laundry, or went grocery shopping. I have not had the energy to stay awake to watch movies. I have not cooked dinner in well..... ages. Kase's birthday was a few weeks ago, and I have not even made his birthday cake yet. But he still loves me. He still cleans, cooks, launders, and rubs my feet. (At least I do not have hobbit toes.)

He is pretty awesome.

Our life together is pretty amazing.

I am one lucky girl.

Can't wait to see what the next 6 years bring.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Cute story! Happy anniversary to you.

Clapp Clan said...

You are making me all teary. Love you guys. (The Hobbit Toes are from his dad, Flip Flops from me)