Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What We've Been Up To...

So I keep thinking that one day I will blog more.

But I'm beginning to realize that it is not going to happen.

We've been sick a lot lately and that has been no fun.

In fact, I came down with an upper respiratory infection and an eye infection. So I've had to wear my glasses all week. I can't see very well. But I can see well enough to see that my girl is the cutest:



We went with a group of Eliza's daycare friends to the Barnum and Bailey's Circus. I know it was silly to take a 1.75 year old to a circus. She did like the elephants. Although she said they were scary. Overall, she behaved much better than I thought she would. We had a whole row of people/kids. The kids were able to go up and down the aisle to visit. I think her favorite part was just being with her friends. She loves them so much.

Waiting for the circus to start:




The circus was not what I expected. There were not a lot of animals. To be honest, I thought it was kind of boring. But I loved seeing Eliza play with her friends, and the elephants were pretty cool.






Eliza and her friends. Eliza, K, P1, and P2:


We also dealt with some nasty storms on Friday. We woke Eliza up in the middle of the night so we could hide in the downstairs room. When I put her back to bed, she noticed the ligntning and asked me what it was. Right then, lightning lit up her room and she jumped and started shaking. She was so scared. She calls it "light coming" and has talked about it ever since. When I get her up in the mornings and at nap time, she points to her window and asks me if the "light coming" is all done. Poor thing.

Finally, Kase is the sweetest ever and made me homemade chocolate covered strawberries. Just because. How awesome is he?
Life is pretty sweet.

2 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

Sorry you've been sick! Sometimes things like circuses are fun just to see our kids with the other kids! How happy your little girl looks!

Lori said...

"Light coming"...priceless.