Friday, October 29, 2010

Change

I don't like change. I am one of those people. I dread change. Worry about change. Put off change.

Until it happens, and then I get use to it and like it better and wouldn't change back if I could.

And then another change comes and I do it all over again.

We've had a lot of changes this year: Kase finishing school, Kase getting a job, Eliza joining our family, things at my work changing, so on.

So far things are better than they were before these changes, but I still can't seem to enjoy changing.

I guess in my new life with a child I need to get use to change. Eliza changes all the time which means our lives are going to constantly change. Forever.

Just when I get use to being a mother of a baby, she'll be a toddler, then a kid, a pre-teen, a teenager.... well you get the point.

It's kind of scary. But I guess it's life. I know that her changing means she is growing and is healthy and happy.

She will be 5 months in 1 week. Which means in about a month, we will be starting cereal and baby food. I am DREADING it for some reason. Isn't that bad? Probably because it's another change. It means my little baby is growing up. I really enjoy being her source of food. I really enjoy not having messy food all over the place and not having to drag out the highchair. I really enjoy snuggly mealtimes and having a light diaper bag. And speaking of diapers.... I enjoy there not being as many stinky ones... enough said right?

But I know I will enjoy seeing her face when she tries new foods, and picking out different things for her to taste next. I know I will enjoy watching her grow. I will enjoy when there is more laughing and less crying, when she starts chasing the dog around the house, when she squeals with excitement when daddy gets home.

I guess I need to focus on enjoying the moment. The phase that we are in RIGHT NOW. And when the next changes come, I will enjoy those too.

Beware of Sharks......Halloween pictures and post coming soon.....

No comments: