Thursday, October 14, 2010

Photographic Memories

About a month ago I stumbled upon a really good portrait deal. We have friends and family that take awesome pictures but we haven't had the time, the money, or a calm-enough-baby to get pictures done since she was a newborn. And I am paranoid that her temper will drive any photographer away. This picture deal seemed so convenient, super cheap, and I thought we wouldn't bother anyone if Eliza screamed the whole time. We would just plan ahead, run over and get our photos made, no big deal.


I decided that we should get our pictures made.


I decided that Eliza had finally reached the point that maybe we could get some pictures without her screaming.

I made an appointment.

I made sure she got her beauty sleep (so she wouldn't be grumpy).

I made sure she was well fed.

I made sure we had changes of clothes and toys.

I made sure to explain to the studio that we had a 3.5 month old baby.

I made sure we were there on time for our appointment.


And then....



We waited.... (Eliza was happy and content)

and we waited.... (Eliza became tired and fell asleep)

and we waited..... (Eliza's pacifier began to make indent lines on her napping cheeks)

and almost 2 hours later they were ready to take our pictures. (Eliza was on the verge of unhappiness as was I)

But we got a few snap shots of her and us.....................................








..................... before things went down hill:


It ended up being very inconvenient, uncheap, and our screaming baby probably bothered everyone.







But even with all the trouble, some things are just priceless:




Next time we will be sticking with family and friends. So I will just apologize to them now for our future screaming baby. (That's for you Brianna and Angela.)


3 comments:

Erin_C said...

yay I'm glad I got to see more! I LOVE that second to last one. haha. poor girl. no one understands her.

The Borden Family said...

Classic face! I love it...every parent must go through at least one photo shoot like that!

Tiffany said...

oh my god, the last picture made me laugh out loud! That's so awesome. She's going to look at these years from now and hopefully laugh as well.