Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Sick Day

I always knew that getting sick as a mother would be hard. I mean, being a mother is a job that you can't really call in sick for.

Then on Tuesday it happened.

I woke up sick. as. a. dog.

Eliza was kind enough to join me in bed as Kase left us heading off to work.

I thought about having him take her to daycare, but I thought I would feel better soon. I mean if you saw how cute she is, you would think she had healing powers. Really.

But sadly I was wrong about feeling better. Right about her being super cute though.

I got worse and worse and didn't even have enough energy to carry the baby around. We had to stay upstairs until after lunchtime because I was afraid to brave the stairs in my weak state, while carrying the little one. Plus I had to stay close to the bathroom. Ok too much information. Sorry.

It was rough.

Then Kase got sick and came home from work early. (He did brave the grocery isle for popsicles and sprite. He is heaven sent I say.) Then we all laid on the couch. Sick.

Eliza was so sweet to us and mostly slept all day. But I felt bad for the poor baby.

It was hard to be sick while having to take care of a baby. I can't even imagine how it would have been if she were mobile.

But I was just glad I was the sick one and she was just fine.

And we are finally feeling better now.

I survived my first sick day as a mother.

Maybe Eliza does have healing powers after all. Either way. She is sooo cute.

She has become a toe-eater. I could eat her too. Yummm.... (blurry picture from Kase's phone.)

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, I'm so, so, so sorry! Sick is the worst...when you have responsibilities (ie a baby) that are not optional. Next time you really ought to call your friendly visiting teacher who would be glad to come whisk that baby away and let you lay on the couch all day. Or at least bring the popsicles and sprite. Seriously, that's not a request, it's an order. :)

The Fishers said...

LAURA!!! Call me!!!! I'm two houses down! Next time we chat, you're going to get a lecture from me ;). I hope you're feeling 100% better. Being sick is so hard when you have a baby around!

Tipper said...

Happy you all are feeling better!