Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dear Orange Juice,

Image from here




Let me count the ways that I love thee.



Obviously you taste delicious. Especially with bits of pulp, or maybe some added pineapple juice.



When you were on my mother's grocery list, you were simply refered to as OJ. Which puzzled me as a child, I wondered what you, a sweet innocent juice, had to do with Mr. Simpson.



During the summer, Mother would often turn you into a popsicle. Sooo good. When you're frozen you still remind me of my childhood.



You taste soooo good with breakfast, or even as a little snack.



But now, my delicious treat, a baby has come between us. And you have left me with a burning heart, or as some would say heart-burn.



So it is that I must say farewell. Atleast for a while.



But don't worry. I am sure you will show up on my grocery list soon, OJ.



And one day popsicles will be made for my little girl.



Until then.....

1 comment:

Katy Beth said...

It's a sad day when something comes between you & your favorite juice. Trust me, I remember. I feel your pain. Be strong!

Btw, I dies laughing when you made the Simpson reference. I was so confused by that as a child too! lol