Friday, June 4, 2010

Dear Baby,

The doctor teased me this week. On Tuesday, he said you may be here within the week. Being dilated to 7 cm seemed to make him think that. Your father and I got so excited and nervous. We made sure our bags were packed. We ate a good meal. We couldn't sleep from the excitment so we sang songs until we finally slept.

On Wednesday, I felt awful. I was so glad to feel awful. I just knew you would be here soon!

But I think the doctor jinxed us. On Thursday, I woke up and felt fine. Completely normal. It seems now that you will never come!

You see, I used to be very nervous about your arrival. In fact, I was fine with waiting another 2 weeks. You seemed very content where you are, and I was fairly comfortable. The whole delivery thing seemed scary. But now all that has changed. The thought of you finally joining us made me so excited, and now I can't wait! I wish for labor pains. (I am sure I will regret that.)Plus, I am not so comfortable anymore.

Now, I get up everyday and go to work hoping it will be my last day for a while. Every weird feeling I have I think maybe it could be the start of labor. Family is anxiously awaiting our phone call saying you're on your way. I debate calling the doctor to see if he is sure you can't just come now.

But nothing happens.

All because the doctor jinxed us.

Why won't you join us? We are ready. I think you are too. Please hurry.

Love,

Your mother

No comments: