Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good vs Bad

I couldn't decide if I should post this because I don't want to blab on and on about pregnancy, but that is pretty much all I have to blab about. So if you don't want to hear it then don't read it. :)

As I have said before being pregnant hasn't been so bad. I still have 4 weeks left, which seems REALLY soon, but I have heard that things go down hill from here. But so far, I haven't minded pregnancy and sometimes I kind of like it. Either way, I want to remember what my 1st pregancy was like. (I am not going to remember the 1st trimester, that was no fun.)

So to document for myself, here is my

Good and Bad List of Being "With Child":

Good: Realizing how powerful your body really is. It changes everyday is growing a little person.

Bad: Changing everyday. You wake up to new problems all the time. One day you suddenly have excessive heartburn, swollen feet, a non-existant bellybutton, or your favorite shirt stops fitting overnight.

Good: You have a reason to be lazy and not feel bad for it. You are growing a person after all.

Bad: Sometimes you are too tired to doing anything, even when you really want to. I really want to scrapbook, but I am too tired. Or you have the energy, but you really shouldn't be climbing on ladders to trim bushes. You have to rely on someone else to do those things.

Good: You get to decorate a new room! Pick out your favorite colors for your nursery.

Bad: All the "nesting" drives you crazy sometimes. (And those around you. A-hem... Kase)

Good: You get presents for the baby and they are really cute!

Bad: Sometimes when you open a baby present, you don't know what it is so you have to pretend like you do. I am not good at pretending.

Good: You feel even closer to your spouse because you are growing together and loving this baby you will soon have.

Bad: Everytime to try to get a good hug from your spouse your belly gets in the way.

Good: I actually feel pretty most of the time. I know some people don't feel that way when pregnant, but I like my belly. I feel like my body has a purpose. It's not just about me. I know other people might not think I look pretty, but I like me and that is what matters.

Bad: Even when you feel pretty people still comment on how huge you are today. It still doesn't sound good.

Good: Feeling the baby move. First it starts out as a little butterfly feeling. Then she gets so big you can feel or see that a leg/foot/butt is moving around. Very alien like but cool.

Good: Watching and feeling the baby grow over time. From a little dot in a picture, to a large wiggling thing.

Good: Loving a little person more than you ever thought you could and you haven't even met her yet.

Well looks like the Good outweighs the bad. Here is hoping for more Good to come.

No comments: