Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Saturday is a Special Day

Last weekend was nice. Lately I have been lazy on the home front. Normally it bothers me to not clean but recently I have felt that it is more important to spend time with Kase and Eliza than vacuum.

So on Saturday Kase had a project and instead of cleaning the house Eliza and I decided to head out together.

We had a lunch date with a friend and then we shopped. We hit up 4 stores and the best part was Eliza didn't cry once! Not even a little. It was blissful. She was in such a good mood. And she had the cutest outfit on. Every where we went people commented on her cuteness. I kindof felt like a celebrity's mom. It was nice.

Then we met Kase for dinner at subway... for our last Februany (if you've seen their annoying commercials I don't know how you could miss them) $5 footlong of the month. Which also brings up a funny story. Did you know Kase didn't know you spell February with 2 Rs? haha. Eliza was even good for us while we ate. She did try to steal my sandwhich a few times but you can't blame her. It was good.

All of this time out in public places with Eliza made me think of the days when I couldn't take her any where because she screamed all the time and how when did go out I would pray that she would stay asleep so we could get through one meal or one quick store trip.


She did get better. We moved from that phase to being able to make it through one store or one meal. And now I am totally loving this new phase where we can go in public for a WHOLE DAY and it was ENJOYABLE! And she was really CUTE! I am GRATEFUL!


So some chores don't go away and we ended the awesome day by doing a load of laundry. But Eliza did help. And she was really cute.
I love my baby girl.



1 comment:

Brittany said...

Eliza is such a doll! I'm glad she's getting easier to take places. I remember the anxiety-stricken days when I would pray for my baby to stay asleep, too. Now that he's in the toddler stage I just pray for him to not throw a tantrum when I try and put him in a cart or highchair! :)