Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's My Birthday Shout Hurray!

So today is my birthday. It is my last year in my 20's. Sigh....

But I won't say I'm old because well... I always look back to when I said that and I think "I wasn't old then, but I am now." Like when I turned 21 I thought I was old, but I was just a baby. It's all relative you know. So I've decided I won't be old until I'm 70. And I may have to re-evaluate "old" at that time as well.

This past weekend my parents and sister came up to celebrate. It was fun. We shopped and ate and visited. I was glad my sister came because she just got a car and I'm sure she was really dying to tak her car out and not come visit me.

Today, I am working but my boss/friend took me to get our nails done. I have never had a manicure at a salon. I have had fake nails but not my real nails painted. It was really nice. And my nails are pretty and pink. But I have already smudged my thumb a lot. oops. AND my boss/friend made me chocolate cherry cake.... YUMMMM. She rocks.

Plus my co-workers are were all really nice to me today and gave me candy and cards. I love where I work.

I feel spoiled.

Kase baked me cupcakes and we're going to dinner. Well, we may go to dinner. I think I really just want to stay home and enjoy my sweet husband, my sweet baby, and my sweet cupcakes.

Life is sweet.

P.S. Eliza's present to her mommy is that she learned to crawl this past weekend! And wave! And she has recently started clapping. I could eat her. But I won't cause I am busy eating cupcakes.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your last year in your 20s. I know what you mean about thinking you're old and then looking back and realizing how young you were. I hope I think the same thing about 30! :)

Raisor said...

Happy Birthday Laura! Sounds like it was great!!! I can't wait to meet Eliza!!

Lori said...

Happy birthday!! You'll always be youthful and beautiful!

Mel's Crafts said...

I love you sissy!!!!!!! Im glad you had a good birthday! :)