Friday, December 10, 2010

6 Month Check-up

Eliza had her doctor's visit today. On the way to the doctor she started crying and I couldn't see her in the back seat (yes we need one of those mirror things). I tried to comfort her and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then I realized that her little beanie hat had fallen down over her eyes and she couldn't see. Oops. Sorry kiddo.
The doctor said she looks great. She weighs 15 lbs 9.5 oz and is 26.5 inches long. She's right on track for all of her developmental stuff and is even ahead on some stuff.


She did so good at the doctors and with getting her shots. She looked so cute sitting up all by herself on the table.


We took a video of Eliza's "pose" (as seen here) to show the doctor. She looked at it and said that our baby is really weird and that she has no idea what is going on but we should be really worried. OK I AM KIDDING! Sort of.


She did say that she thinks it is just a comfort thing and that it is a good sign that if we touch Eliza during "posing" she stops. BUT she said just to be safe we're going to get an EEG (I think that's what they called it. It's a brain scan or something another.) Just to make sure that there isn't anything weird going on.


UM WHAT!!!????


That sounded really scary. And as we left the doctor's office we were both really worried. But driving home, I had a very peaceful feeling come over me. I am 99.99999999% sure that Eliza is just fine. She is just a weird kid with a lot of personality and that is her "I am tired so I am going to my happy place" pose. But just to be sure we will find out.


So she will have this test on the 28th. And it doesn't sound very fun. And I think I will probably cry a lot because we have to keep her awake 2 hours past bedtime and wake her up 2 hours early and not feed her for 4 hours before the test and then watch them scan her little bitty brain. sighhhhh....


Poor little girl. But she is still really cute. And I think that everything will be all right.

Waiting in the cold waiting room at the doctor's office.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do be comforted. Some doctors are so paranoid. And I think that they also get extra paranoid with worried first time parents.

I am sure everything is totally normal.