Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10 days and Random Thoughts

Did you know that Christmas is 10 days away!!! How crazy is that?!

I don't feel very Christmasy this year for some reason. I have listened to the same christmas cd over and over just like every year, I have put up our christmas tree, I wrapped most of the presents, and attended a christmas movie party at a friend's house (quite fun), but it doesn't really feel like Christmas. I can't figure it out.

But this weekend we will be celebrating my little sister's birthday, have Christmas with my side of the family, AND have a christmas party with Kase's side of the family so hopefully that will do the trick and make it feel Christmas-y around here.

Now I just need to get rid of this cold.

I love traditions and I want to make some new ones with our little family. But I don't really know where to start. Eliza is too young to know what is going on but I really want to think of some good ones for when she is old enough. Any suggestions?

I plan on reading the christmas story on christmas eve and watching christmas movies while eating delicious goodies all day long. I think that would be a good tradition to keep.

"It's a Wonderful Life" is one of my favorite Christmas movies. Kase thinks it's really boring. I use to think so as a kid but my mom loved it so we would watch it anyway. Now I really love it and it makes me think of my mom. My tradition will be to make Kase watch it every year. ha ha.
What are some of your traditions?

Did I mention that I have a cold? Yuck. Eliza is snotty too. This morning we snuggled back in bed and slept an extra couple of hours. It was soo nice. I love snuggling that little baby. She likes to put her face on yours. And sometimes she'll stir awake just to make sure you're still there and then she'll fall back asleep. Love her to pieces.



Well that is all for now. Hope everyone is feeling Christmas-y!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Feel BETTER!! I love any tradition that involves staying in pajamas all day. :)
Laughed out loud at making Kase watch It's a Wonderful Life. It takes some arm-twisting to get Scott to watch it too...but once he submits he's always glad.

The Borden Family said...

So sorry you are not feeling well. I missed seeing you yesterday at Lori's. We always watch Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf and the Santa Clause before Christmas and then do a marathon sometime that week...like Karate Kid or Star Wars. We make french crepes for the morning, always do sugar cookies which end up with way more frosting and sprinkles so you can't tell what they are and then Gene makes these kolaches (date and raisin filled pastry). I still can't stand them, but they are traditional. We also make our own ornaments (one for each person each year). So much to look forward to with a little one.