Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Recap of Thanksgiving

Every year we alternate Thanksgiving and Christmas between Kase's side of the family and mine. We do this because my family lives kind of far away (especially when you have a little one) and it would be too much to travel to both on the same day. This year, we spent thanksgiving with my side of the family.

Eliza got to spend some time with her grandpop.... who looked a little like santa clause.....


She also got to spend some time with her memaw and great-memaw. Four generations..... three of which are Martynes....

It was hard because my memaw has alzheimer's disease and she couldn't really remember who we were. But she loved being around Eliza. She kept saying how beautiful she is and how she could tell she is a good baby. My mom said that my memaw hadn't smiled that much in a while.




It was Eliza's first thanksgiving and while she didn't get to eat any turkey, she did get to sport really cute mocassin's that my sister made her.


My dad grilled the turkey....soooooo.... good.... nice and smoked....




I had to keep Kase from devouring our child as an appetizer...




That is because I was saving her for desert....


It was a wonderful thanksgiving.





2 comments:

Erin_C said...

yummy. can I have a piece? she is de-lish. love her outfit. and her moccasins. and her. and y'all.

and he grilled the turkey? we are coming there next year!

Katina Angola said...

Good grief she got so big overnight!~