Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This post was brought to you by the letters EEG and RSV

There are sooo many pictures from Christmas I may never get them uploaded. But I will try to get a few on here soon. We had a lovely time. More details to come.

But in the meantime here are some Good/Bad things that have been going on:

- Good thing: My sister had a birthday where she turned 19.
Bad thing: That means I am getting old.
Good thing: We celebrated at a japanese grill. My first time at one and it was yummy!

- Good thing: We celebrated Christmas a week before with my side of the family. We had a wonderful time. I am so blessed to have wonderful parents, and the best sister, brother, and sister-in-law. It was nice to spend time with them.
Bad thing: Weedends are too short.

- Good thing: Christmas eve was a holiday off from work. We watched Christmas movies, visited with a dear friend, and had hot chocolate. Kase even baked me my favorite cookies to satisfy my sweet tooth. He is so sweet. We also got to put out presents for the baby under the tree. That was fun.
(Not so) Bad thing: the baby likes wrapping paper/bows more than presents. Oh well. Still cute.

- Good thing: Christmas day was spent with Kase's side of the family and we had so much fun. Lots of homemade pizzas and visiting with family. Kase's mom got an XBox Kinect (I think that is what it is called) and just FYI I am so out of shape, I only played like 3 little games and what should be my ab muscles were sore the next day! So worth it. (SuperDeb, I need to come play some more!)
Bad thing: Christmas is over.

- Bad thing: The day after Christmas Kase and I were both suppose to teach at church.
Good thing: It was suppose to snow. I felt bad praying that there wouldn't be church, so instead I prayed that there would be more snow.... and there was... and church was canceled.... and I got to stay home all day and snuggle my baby instead of teaching. Nice.

- Good thing: My Mom, Dad, and Sister came up to visit. It's so nice to have them here. I took Monday and Tuesday off to do some shopping and to take Eliza to her doctor appointment. Nice to be off work.
Bad thing: Taking Eliza to the doctor.

Short Story:
-Tuesday morning Eliza had her EEG test at Children's hospital. On Monday night, she started running a fever and coughing. She was pittiful and kept wanting me and making these sad little noises. She needed to be drousy for the EEG, which she was because we kept her up late (as instructed) plus she woke up EVERY hour during the night PLUS we woke her up early (as instructed). She was also hungry becaus we weren't allowed to feed her for 4 hours before the test. She did so good though and wasn't a grumpy monster like I thought she would be.

For the test they had me lay on a bed next her her. They wrapped her in a sheet where she couldn't move. She didn't like that at all. Then they wrote with a red pencil all over her head marking where each of the 22 electrodes should be placed. She didn't like that either. Then they put the electrodes on her and wrapped her head like a mummy. She looked like this:

Then she fell asleep just like she was suppose. What a good little baby. They tracked her brain waves for around 20 minutes or so. Then we had to wake her up and get her to do her "pose." Then it was all over. Poor little thing. Then she looked like this:

We won't know the results of the EEG for a week. After that she ate and we went home and took a good nap.

THEN I decided to torture her some more and take her to the doctor for her cough/fever/runny nose. And guess what... She has RSV. (Brianna stay away!!) I don't really understand what that is but I think it can keep babies from breathing good and then they have to go to the hospital. Good news is Eliza's oxygen levels were good and I just have to keep an eye on her and make sure whe doesn't get too weezy or a fever that is too high. Oh and she has a double ear infection. Yikes. She has never really been sick before so I guess she decided to go all out.

Bad thing: RSV. Sick Baby. Icky Tests. That was a long day.

Good thing: Eliza slept sooo good last night. My parents are at my house today taking care of her while we're at work.

Bad thing: I have to work.

Good thing: I am off on Friday!

Good thing: I get to spend New Year's Eve with my hubby and my baby.

Christmas pictures coming soon!

P.S.
Last wednesday Eliza started saying "Da Da" she has no idea what it means but it is super cute. She also has her 3rd tooth!
She is growing way too fast!
But I am glad she is growing.
And for my memory she weight 16 lbs even at the doctor yesterday.

P.S.S.
Ok I am done now. Sorry for the long post.

P.S.S.S.
THE END

5 comments:

The Fishers said...

Oh, Poor Eliza!!! I'm so sorry she (and you!) had to go through all of that! I hope she gets better soon. My little man got over his sickness, just to get reinfected by something else via my in-laws. Plus, Owen is sick as a dog today. I feel your pain and I hope it all ends soon!!!

The Borden Family said...

That was quite the run-down...oh, how are you even functioning right now? I hope you are all on the road to recovery. Glad to hear about the season's fun and family.

Erin_C said...

1-your baby is HUGE. when did that happen?
2-so sad about the EEG. poor girl.
3-Carly had RSV and ear infection at the exact same age. guess they are meant to be BFFs
4-glad you guys had a good christmas!

Clapp Clan said...

Sorry, Laura your baby has Clapp lungs and also a Clapp brain I hear. Well we gotta love em

Beth said...

Happy about Christmas, sad about Eliza being traumatized. Abram had RSV when he was little-hated that I couldn't "do" anything except comfort him. I hate when Kiddos are sick-pitiful. Hope she gets better really soon!!!!