Monday, April 5, 2010

A Fresh Start

Last week was rough. It was dark and gloomy in our house. There was an icky stomach virus that invited its way in. Kase was sicker than I had ever seen him. Then the week was topped off with me welcoming a new phase of pregnancy: swollen feet and ankles. I didn't feel like moving or walking anywhere. Fun.


But then the weekend came. I was able to sleep in and rest, Kase felt better, we enjoyed a lovely date night with Kase's parents, and the weather was beautiful. Sunday morning, I woke up to a surprise. Kase had hidden my favorite easter treat (the big Reese's Easter Eggs) around the house and I had to hunt them. He is the sweetest. Best of all, it was also General Conference weekend. My favorite is always the Saturday sessions. It seems that the things I need to hear the most are always that day. Saturday was full of talks about the importance of the role of women, families, and the teaching of our children. Sunday many talks were about the ressurection and atonement. Pondering the selfless love and sacrifice of our Savior touched my heart and warmed my soul.


This morning I awoke refreshed and renewed. I am ready for a new week. A fresh start. A new beginning.


I love Easter and Spring.

2 comments:

Erin_C said...

hey its a new pregnancy stage, but its also the FINAL stage!

so sorry, didn't know kase had been sick. thats no fun. at least it didn't hurt his pitching skills.

and i love those reeses eggs too. somehow they are so much better than the regular old cups.

Bill and Jennifer Hammond said...

Oh, man I love the reese's eggs!!! Bill got me a ton of the little ones and a really big one!!! It's the size of a goose egg!!! I haven't eaten it yet, but I am looking forward to it!!!