Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Baby Update

Last Thursday we went to the doctor for another ultrasound to check on baby's kidneys. The good news is that one kidney looks perfect. The other kidney is still swollen with fluid, but they were able to tell that it is definitely a blockage somewhere. So, we should be able to deliver at Parkwest instead of UT. She should be fine. She will probably have to have surgery a few weeks after she is born to clear out the blockage, but apparently it is a very common surgery.

We are relieved and feel very blessed. I was worried we would have to deliver at UT and they would have to take her away immediately to perform emergency surgery and I would have to go home without her. But it looks like things will be OK. But we will take whatever happens and do what needs to be done. We just want to meet our baby girl.

Other happennings at the doctor's appointment:

Baby:
- Baby weights 3.8 lbs. Still big for her age.
- She is stubborn and would not move around as needed.
- She looks strong and everything else looked good.

Me:
- I drank the sugary orange drink for my sugar test and it was not bad at all.
- I bruise like a peach. Thank you blood-removal-nurse-lady.

Other people at doctor's office:
- While waiting in the waiting room there was another couple there who made us feel like we were in an episode of '16 and Pregnant'. I giggled a lot because of this.


So we had a good doctor's visit. We love our little baby and her big feet.

3 comments:

The Fishers said...

I'm so glad it was good news!!!

Tiffany said...

Sooo glad to hear this!

I can't wait to meet her.

You and Kase make me laugh... the 16 and pregnant thing is hilarious. (I loooooove that show and I'm glad I don't have cable.)

Lori said...

Thanks for the update, your attitude rocks.