Friday, March 27, 2009

Home

I know it's going to be a long day at work when I immediately turn my radio on. That means I am bored, lonely at my desk, and don't feel much like actually working.

It's also going to be long because it's Friday and I am excited about tonight and this weekend. We are going to my parents for the weekend and to the temple. We haven't been to either place in a long time and I am excited to go. Both places make me feel safe and loved. They also remind me to keep life in perspective and to focus on what is important.

Such places that make you feel that way are wonderful. I love coming home everyday. I love having a place where we can keep out the bad things of the world and strive to fill it with good things. Yesterday, I went visiting teaching and I must say that I love visiting this home and the people in it. The home is so warm and inviting and safe. I hope that my home feels that way to others. It's so wonderful that we can all have a little bit of heaven in our own homes. A wonderful spiritual place to come home to everyday.

A little taste of Heaven.

4 comments:

Marci said...

I love your blog!! Very adorable--I'll "visit" again!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

I hope you really enjoy the temple! my husband and I were unable to go at the last minute, friday night my husbands truck broke down so we had to spend saturday figuring out that mess! The temple is the best place in the world!

erin said...

I love the safe feeling of home also. No matter what happens around me in the world, I know that I can go home and be surrounded by the people that I love and be happy.

Lori said...

xo

It was great seeing you in Nashville!