Thursday, April 2, 2009

Marley and Me


Last night I watched the movie "Marley and Me". I wasn't too excited. I thought it would be kindof a silly movie with not a lot of substance. I was actually very pleasantly suprised. I really liked it. If you haven't seen it, you should watch it. But if you don't like it, don't blame me. I can't help it if you have bad taste in movies. Ha ha. Just kidding.

One thing that it got me to thinking about something (this doesn't really spoil the movie, but still if you don't want to know ANYTHING about the movie before watching it, don't read this paragraph) . The guy in the movie works for a newspaper and he REALLY REALLY wants to be a reporter. Instead, he is given a column to write. He doesn't really like it but he does a great job. He ends up being very successful and, later in his life, he is hired as a reporter. His dream job. Until.... he realizes he is not good at being a reporter and doesn't really enjoy it. He is better at writing columns, and that's his true passion. He just took a while to realize it. So it got me to thinking about how sometimes we really want to be one way, when we are really a different way. Sometimes, it takes time to realize our true talents and to accept them. Interesting. I didn't really expect deep meaning out of this movie.

Now I want to go home and hang out with the Dog. I think I might write a book called "The Monster and Me".

2 comments:

Katy Beth said...

It's true!

Hey, I'd read your book! I call dibs on an autographed copy!! :D

Beth said...

Did you read the book? I read it a couple of years ago, still haven't seen the movie yet. The book just made me love my dog more!! And I would read your book too!!