Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Count Your Many Blessings

Last night, I went to a church meeting for all the women of the ward. The meeting's focus was on the strength of women and how we can be a support to each other. This got me to thinking about the women in my life. My mother is my best friend. She is always there for me. Even though she lives kind of far away, I can always call her about anything, any time. When I feel bad, just hearing her voice makes me feel better. She has taught me so much and has been a good example to me. She has shown me what it is to be nurturing and loving. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful mother.

My mother-in-law is also a good example to me. She is very strong and kind. She has raised good sons who love her and respect her. I know that if I need anything, I can call her. She has welcomed me into her family and I am very grateful to have her close by.

My sister is beautiful, smart, and funny. We are at different stages in life because we are ten years apart in age, but she is always excited to hear from me and see me. She always makes me happy when I hear from her. She is a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

My sister-in-law is a great mother. She is very giving and unselfish. She is fun and always makes me feel loved. With two single brothers-in-law left, I hope to accumulate more of these great sisters-in-law. So far, they are pretty nifty.

My grandmothers have sacrificed much for their families and loved unconditionally. There are so many other wonderful women that I have been lucky to have in my life. Currently, I am at the age my mother was when she had her first child (me). I only hope that one day, when I have my own children, they will have such wonderful women in their lives from which to draw strength and love. I am very blessed.

No comments: