Thursday, April 4, 2013

Our Week

This has been my first full week back to work and I am so exhausted! I think I can make it one more day though! I am going to try to upload a lot of pictures this weekend from March and Easter. Even though our internet is faster, the computer is all the way downstairs and I have not had the energy to venture that far.

This week has been OK. I am so grateful for good coworkers that make working more pleasant. We're all a bit on edge waiting for news regarding the furlough. All we know so far is that we will be required to take up to 14 days leave without pay from April to October. It will be a financial hardship for many of us. I'd just like to know the plan so we can be as prepared as possible. I've been pumping 3 times a day at work, and so far it is going well. I am so thankful I have a job where it is pretty easy for me to do this. Providing food for Caroline helps me feel closer to her while I am away and it is much cheaper! I hope to keep it up as long as possible even though I hate pumping.

Caroline has adjusted to daycare pretty well. She is so tired in the evenings. She is still not sleeping through the night but I enjoy my snuggling time with her and she goes back to sleep really easily after she eats. She is such as sweet girl and has been such a joy.

Eliza is such a good girl. She is so smart and (mostly) sweet. She never gets notes home from school about bad behavior and I am so proud of her.

Things I want to remember from this week:
- On Monday, we surprised Kase by coming to his 1st softball game of the season. When I told Eliza where we were going, she said "I'm going to say Go Daddy!" Oh and she did. She was his little cheerleader and is loud just like her SuperDeb. She had the best time watching her daddy play softball.

-  On the way home from sofball, I asked her if she wanted mommy or daddy to get her ready for bed. I am so tired in the evenings and grouchy. Kase is a lot more patient than I am. Eliza said she wanted me to get her ready for bed. She told me that "mommy is nice to me." It made me feel a little better because I have been short with her at bedtime. I am striving to do better.

-  Tuesday morning when I was dropping of the girls at daycare, the fire alarm went off just as I was about to leave Caroline's room. (I had already dropped off Eliza.) I could tell by the teacher's faces that this was not a fire drill. There were only two other babies in Caroline's class but I offered to stay to help because I just didn't want to leave. So the teachers loaded the other two babies into one crib and we started out the door. Eliza's class is right across the hallway and she saw me as soon as her classroom door opened. She is very scared of loud noises and I could see the panic on her face. She didn't know if she should come to me or stay with her class. I told her it was ok and to go with her class but I expected her to object. She stayed with her class and did so well. We had to wait outside in the cold for a good 20 minutes while the firefighters cleared the building. Eliza sat with her class and behaved the whole time. I could not have been more proud of her. She did such a good job. It was also good for me to see how the teachers handle an emergency. I was impressed with their speed. They all did such a good job and took such good care of the children.

- At Christmas, Eliza got some new bath toys so I got rid of some of her old bath toys that had gotten gross including a Tiger, Elephant, and Bear. During bath time this week..... 3 months later..... she said "Mommy, where is my tiger, elephant, and bear?" I tried to ignore the question but she kept asking me over and over. So finally I responded with the only thing that I could think of: "The wheels on the bus go round and round..." It totally worked. At least for today. 

No comments: