Friday, July 1, 2011

The Post has been brought to you by the letter 'B' and the number '4'

This week has been a good week. Why do you ask?

Well, Eliza is officially off the bottle!!!! YAY!

For those of you who have seen/used Dr. Brown's bottles, you will observe they have lots of tiny pieces that are annoying to wash. So we are excited that we no longer have to wash them. YAY!!!

She has started taking sippy cups with her milk. She was the last of the 4 babies in her daycare class to switch, but that is OK because I think they are all trying to grow up too fast anyways.

Eliza has started saying a lot of words: Burd (bird), Baaa (Ball), Beh-lee (Belly), Bye bye, Baby, and Baah (Bath). (Do you see a theme here? She likes the letter 'B'.) She also says Hi, Da Da, Ma ma (but only occasionally), tank eew (Thank you), and Oh-ma (home).

So basically I am absolutely in love with her and she is so much fun I could just eat her up.

This week I also went to book club. Did I tell you I joined book club? I have really enjoyed it. I love to read, but school kind of ruined it for me. Book Club has gotten me back into it. I even have a library card! Plus it is fun to visit with friends once a month. So far I have read: Jane Eyre, The Secret Life of Bees, and Unbroken. I REALLY liked Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. It is a true story about a man who fought WWII. I dont' want to ruin it for you so all I will say is if you like to learn while you read, and like historical stuff (Erin C.) you will probably like this book. I learned stuff about WWII that I had no idea about. It was good. It is particularly nice to read with the July 4th coming up because it is nice to remember all of the sacrifices the members of our military have made for us.

Speaking of July 4th, I am excited for this weekend! I plan on cooking some yummy peach/blueberry turkey burgers (I will let you know if they are good/bad), throwing a baby shower, attending a first birthday party, and celebrating the fourth of July with friends. I specifically remember this time last year, sitting on my couch with a screaming baby and wishing I could watch the fire works. So I am excited to be able to celebrate this year.

Happy Independence Day to everyone!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Now whenever I think of Unbroken I think of Beth, "What about Phil"