Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Night Eliza Tried to Turn herself into a Smurf

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS GROSSNESS. READER BEWARE.

So this morning I went in Eliza's room and found her sleeping in a huge puddle of blueberry vomit. The poor girl loves blueberries and ate quite a few of them yesterday. Her bed was covered in blue. It was nasty. I felt soooo bad she slept in it. She didn't cry at all or make any weird noises.

I grabbed her up (after calling to Kase for help) and got her in the bath for a scrubbing.

The sad part is that last night before I went to bed I felt like I should go check on her. I just missed her and I wanted to see her. I even walked to her room and opened the door, but it was really dark and I didn't want to wake her up. I should've stuck with my feeling and checked on her.

She is staying home with her daddy today. She seems OK so maybe she just had too much to eat before bedtime. I was worried she might have whatever I had this past weekend. Poor little girl.





Best thing about Tuesday (I am still working on today):

- I am no longer pumping any more!!!! It is soooo nice. Eliza has been taking regular milk for a few weeks now and so I slowly started cutting out my regularly scheduled pumping sessions at work. This week has been the first week where I am not pumping at all. Let me tell you, it is great. I don't have to watch the clock all day (except for counting down to lunch and going home time.) I don't have to work around meetings interupting my schedule, cleaning pump parts, or lugging an extra bag back and forth from home. It is wonderful. I am still nursing Eliza in the morning and at night before bed, but we both enjoy that bonding time a lot so it is like the best of both worlds.

Now I just need to get her to eat more veggies and less blueberries.

No comments: