Monday, May 23, 2011

Update

I'm a bit behind on blogging. If we only had faster internet or more hours in the day. That would be awesome.

But just a few updates...

- my job is calming down a bit so I won't need to work on Saturdays for a while so that is great!

-Eliza is so much fun (which she is not grumpy). The other day we were playing in her room and she took off crawling out of her room and racing down the hall towards the stairs. I crawled after her and she just started giggling madly. It made my day.

- I have read 2 books in the last two months! Amazing for me! I love to read but I have become lazy and I never know what to read. So I joined the book club at church. I read "Jane Eyre" which I liked and "The Secret Life of Bees" which wasn't bad. The next book we're reading is "Unbroken" but I can't seem to get it at the library so I might miss that one. I checked "The Help" out from the library but I am not sure I am in the mood for it. Either way I am proud of myself for reading a book AND for getting a library card. ha.

- Eliza took her first steps on Sunday!!! We were at church and her cute friend "P" was playing with a giant ball and she was amazed by it. The next thing I know she had taken about 4 steps before falling down. It was awesome! I as so excited.


Things are looking up around here. I'm going to take off a few days from work soon and I am excited to relax and spend time with my family and friends.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Good job on the reading! I also love to read but haven't done much of it lately. You're going to have to tell me more about the book club at church because I didn't know there was one!

Also, fyi, The Help is sooo good. I couldn't put it down once I started.

Lastly, way to go Eliza for walking--that's awesome!

Erin said...

i can't believe eliza is walking! too crazy! i guess she is almost 1. thats even crazier.

Holly said...

Sniff Sniff! I can't believe she is growing up. I'm glad work has calmed down because that means we get to hang out more!!!!
Maybe we should do our own little book club for The Help for June since we can't get that other book. Brittany you should come.