Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Eliza's Very First Birthday





Eliza turned the big ONE on Monday June 6th. I can't believe she is one already! It seems like just yesterday she was a tiny little thing screaming her head off constantly.

I am so grateful to be her mother and so in love with this little person who changes and grows everyday.

At 1 She:

- Has 10 teeth with 2 more bottom on the way in.

- Loves the book "Where's Spot" and likes to lift the flaps to find Spot. She gets the book off the shelf and brings it to us to read.

- Is walking everywhere.

- Waves and says "Bye bye"

- Goes to bed around 7 and sleeps till around 7.

- has started letting me rock with her at night before I put her in her crib, then she pushes the music button on her glowworm over and over until she falls asleep.

- Just yesterday I was reading a book (my own book). She pointed to it and I told her it was a book. She looked over at her bookshelf. Just to see what she would do I told her to go get a book and bring it to me. She actually did it! She brought a book back and climbed in my lap and we read. It was an ABC book with a picture of something for each letter. The letter 'K' was a Kiss. When I read that she turned and gave me a kiss. My heart melted. I am so proud of her.

- She is sweet and smart and still clingy to her mommy.

- She loves to eat.

- She makes us so happy.



On Sunday we had a small party for her. We had family over to celebrate. It was an owl theme "Look Whoo's One" Party. We had so much fun.



Waiting for the guests to arrive:




We had BBQ and Eliza was suppose to open presents. Instead she carried around her first present while I opened the rest:



The Cake (It is an owl if you can't tell. I worked hard on it!):



Waiting for her piece of cake:





After she ate her cake, she had to have a bath, then she continued playing with the balloons:



I think she had a lot of fun at her party and we were so grateful to everyone who came. I have more pictures but blogger won't let me upload them.






















4 comments:

Lori said...

Happy birthday, sweet Eliza!
I love the cake!!

The Fishers said...

She is SO cute!!! I can't wait to take her pictures! And awesome job on the cake - I'm way impressed!

Brittany said...

What a darling girl! I hope she stops being clingy soon because I want to hold her every time I see her! :)

Erin_C said...

how cute is that onesie and tutu! love her. glad she had a fun party!they grow too fast.