Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's Up Doc?

I have never been to the doctor so much in my entire life (that I remember) until Eliza came along. I think the week she was born we went to the doctor every other day. First, it was a check-up, then shots, then a weird belly button, then a check on her kidney, her brain, another check-up and so on. It's a lot of visits for a healthy little girl.



If you remember Eliza was born with a dilated kidney that they found in utero. Ever since she was born she has had to take antibiotics to prevent any urinary tract infections. Last Friday, we went to the urologist and they did an ultrasound on her kidney to see how it looks. We had prayed that she would be better. I didn't want her to have to have surgery or to take medicine anymore.



So we went to the doctor and they did the ultrasound while she tried to eat the paper on the table. Turns out my prayers were answered. On a scale of 0 (being perfectly fine) to 4 (being the worst) she is now at a 1! She use to be a 4! Even the doctor was a little surprised at the improvment.



We were so excited.

So she is getting better. She doesn't have to take the medicine anymore. She just has to go back in a year so they can check on her again. By then she will probably be at a 0. Looks like as she is growing the problem is fixing itself. Yay.


I really love these kind of doctor's appointments.


I REALLY love answered prayers.


I REALLY love my baby.

3 comments:

The Fishers said...

WOO HOO!!! That's so great!

Erin_C said...

yay yay yay yay yay yay! thats so wonderful! answered prayers are the best :)

Beth said...

YAY Eliza!!! That's awesome!