Sunday, August 23, 2009

Califor-ni-a Part II Plus Our 3rd Anniversary

Day 3: Los Angeles.

Stats: Big city. Still nice weather. Not as nice as I thought it would be. Lots of traffic.

Interests: Hollywood Boulevard (of course) and the LA Temple.

Favorites: Hollywood Boulevard was kindof dumpy. We got up super early and beat the crouds there so we could walk around Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Inside of Theatre)

This where they have movie premieres plus where the stars write their names in the concrete with their handprints. We toured the theatre, which was beautiful.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(me with Jimmy Stewart's handprints)

Photobucket Donald Duck

Someone who works at the Theatre told us that a certain actor (I don't wanna name names) whose name rhymes with "Bad Spit" is NOT a very nice person. Most other actors wrote their names out on the concret blocks, but not Mr. Spit. He scribbled his initials and was done. Noone knew who "BP" was:

PhotobucketClick to see!

Kindof sad to learn he isn't nice, but don't worry. George Clooney and Will Smith are super nice according to my source.

Photobucket

Then we headed to the LA temple. I new it would be pretty, but I was shocked at how big it was. The grounds are very large with beautiful roses. We had a wonderful time together at the temple and I really loved it.

Photobucket
Day 4: San Diego AND Our Anniversary

Stats: Way prettier than LA, even better weather.

Interests: San Diego temple, our hotel, and downtown.

Favorites: We drove down about 2 hours to the San Diego temple. It was beautiful, but a lot smaller than I expected. People there were so nice and we enjoyed spending time there. It was nice to spend our anniversary at the temple.

Photobucket
Then we headed to our hotel in Downtown San Diego. It used to be an old bank but now is a Marriot Courtyard.

Photobucket(Our Hotel)

We explored the hotel and found the old bank vaults which are now conference rooms. Way cool.
Photobucket
We also walked around downtown and looked at all the shops and restaurants. AND who could resist icecream for dinner? YUM!

Kase, I had a wonderful time celebrating with you. You are an amazing husband. I love you sooo very much. I am so glad I get to spend forever with you.

TO BE CONTINUED....

1 comment:

Lori said...

I have a photo of Jimmy Stewart's prints too!