Monday, August 17, 2009

Back From Vacation

We're back. In case you didn't notice that we had left, we were on vacation in California. A great vacation. A vacation that wasn't long enough.

But alas... back to the real world.

I will post vacation pictures and stories later. Once I get somewhat caught up on work and such.

Until then here is what I don't like about being back:

1. Having to wake up early and go to work, instead of sleeping in and spending all day with Kase doing whatever we feel like doing.
2. Having to pretend like I am not awake yet so I don't have to get up and let the dog out.
3. Walking outside into the ridiculous humidity and heat.
4. Needing to know what day it is because I have responsibilities again.
5. Laundry galore.
6. Not being able to spend all day laughing with my husband.
7. Did I already mention going to work?

Here's what I do like about being back:
1. Seeing family and friends.
2. Seeing the dog.
3. Sleeping in my comfy bed.
4. Showering in my non-questionable shower.
5. Saving money because we don't have to eat out all the time.
6. Finding on my desk the cookbook my thoughtful co-worker bought me while I was gone.
7. Reading everyone's blogs that I missed for a week.
8. And still laughing with Kase.

I guess being back isn't so bad. :)

2 comments:

Morganicity said...

I'm glad you are back. BTW - you left "having to cook again" & "doing laundry" off of the reasons you're sad to be back. Those are definately on my list!

We need to get together again now that we're all back in town.

The Fishers said...

Good to have you back! I'll forgive you for the lawn...this time! ;) Our's doesn't look much better! We're in and out of it for the next 3 weeks because of all the work we have to do to it. When we're in there for awhile again working on it, I'll be sure to let you know!!