Monday, April 20, 2009

Grumpy


Goodness. I haven't blogged in a while. I guess you could say that this month has been kindof boring. Atleast, to write about. I have been working and spring cleaning. I haven't had a lot of time to think about blogging. When I did have time, I decided to think about thinking about it, but still did not actually act on my thinking. So, therefore, no blogging.

So now, here is my attempt at a blog post:

Today, I have been grumpy. Not the kind of grumpy where I am mean to people. Well, maybe a little grouchy to my husband, but he still loves me. I am not sure what it is that is making me grumpy. I have decided to re-play the day over in my head to figure out what it is.

I woke up this morning to the neighbor's dogs barking loudly, as usual. As I dressed, I turned on the tv to check the weather report so that I would know what type of clothing to wear today. After about 20 minutes of reports on "recycled business suits" and "the central park jogger: 20 years later" I was finally informed that it was going to be rainy and chilly. Of course, by this time I was already dressed and didn't have any time to change.

I attempted to pull out of my driveway, late for work. I decided to take the Jeep and it died in the middle of the street. After restarting it I made it to work.... an hour late. After working at my desk for four hours, it was time for lunch. We walked down the street in the cold rain with my not warm enough clothes. (See above: weather report issues.) After waiting 30 minutes for our lunch, my friend decided to tell me that she watched a movie that I have waiting on my DVR. I insisted that she not tell me anything about it. She agreed and then told me, accidentally, how the movie ended.

Back to work, and four more hours later, I am wondering what could I have done to make today better? I think perhaps it was my bed. Maybe, I woke up on the wrong side? I think tomorrow, I will have to climb over the husband and try waking up on the other side of the bed.

3 comments:

Katy Beth said...

Don't you love those days? I've had a few of those lately. Hope it gets better!!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Man I feel your pain! It always seems like when one little thing goes wrong, it snowballs-- and your whole day is depressing! Im also glad to hear i am not the only one who takes it out on my husband ;)

Katina Angola said...

Those kinda days just stink.