Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Love Vue

I hate buying expensive things. I budget and obsess and plan ahead, but I still stress. When we bought our house, I was a wreck for a month. Even when we bought our tv, I hated it for a week. After I freak out, I end up loving the purchase and feel better.


We have been saving and looking for a car for a while. We need one because the Jeep needs to go to the "Car Doctor" for, perhaps, an extended visit. Also, because Kase drives a work provided car and he has to do an internship in the near future, so his work car may not be around much longer. So we've been looking for a great deal.


On Friday, we test drove a car that a family friend, who is a car salesman, had recommended. Kase was in love. I was cautious, but ended up liking it. It suits our needs. It is not my dream car, but it's a lot better price than my dream car and that is what matters.


Plus, it is pretty fun and rocking to drive.


Over the weekend we prayed about it, and felt that we should go for it.


So yesterday, we went to the car place to buy the car. As we were sitting with the car salesman, a pit in my stomach started to grow. My vision was blurring. I hadn't had lunch, could that be it? No. The stressing out had begun. But I was excited about our purchase. It was smart and a good deal.


Plus, it is pretty rocking to drive.


On the way from the bank to deliver the money to the car place, I envisioned making a break for it. It wasn't too late to turn back now. But the car is something that we need, any purchase like this is scary, it's really not that expensive.


Plus, it is rocking to drive.

Last night, the day was finally over and I was laying in bed. I couldn't sleep. And then it happened: My break down. Did I really like the car? Shouldn't I be more excited about it? Am I excited, but I just can't tell? If I was really excited, wouldn't I want to go sleep in the car or take it for a midnight drive? Would I regret this purchase one day? Would this car be reliable for 10 years? How can Kase sleep right now? Why can't cars just be free and never break? The "stress" tears started to flow.

Then I heard Kase. Always patient with me, waking up from his sleep. "It's going to be OK" he said. He said other things like: "You are just doing that stressing thing that you do every time we buy something. If you end up not liking the car, when your Jeep dies, you can get one you like more. I think you will like it, just give it some time. It'll all be ok." After this, I was finally able to fall asleep.

He was right. Today I love the car. After all, it is pretty fun and rocking to drive.





2 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

ohh your new car is VERY pretty! I understand the spending money stress! I do that too! Jon and I are looking for houses.. and every time I look at one i start to freak out! I bet you look really good sitting in the drivers seat of that car, so it was worth it!! ;)

erin said...

I really like the new car. Congrats on the great deal! I hope you're done stressing enough to enjoy it. I think most people get a little stressed about spending big amounts of money. Or at least I do.