Monday, August 23, 2010

Goings on....

So another weekend has past and I still have not uploaded any pictures. I know, I am horrible. Sighhhh....

But here is what we did last week.

- Eliza attended her first church softball game to watch her daddy pitch. She watched whole game with no crying and no sleeping!

- Speaking of sleeping... Eliza has been sleeping better. Any 2.5 month old that sleeps from 9 to 3 or 4 and then goes back to sleep is doing pretty good I think. Plus some nights she does better. Like last night she slept from 10 to 6. That was luxurious. But I still have to get up and pump. But it's not so bad.

- Daycare is rough. The dropping her off part. She doesn't seem to notice but I don't like it.

- Picking her up from daycare is pretty awesome. Everyday I race over to pick her up and she mostly looks at me like she didn't realize I was gone.

- Eliza has been SUPER tired after daycare. I like to think it is because she is having fun, but it's probably because she is stressed and wondering what is going on. So we usually come home, eat diner, nap on the couch together (the highlight of my day, I love snuggling) eat again and go to bed.

- Pumping at work has been.... interesting. I have a cubicle so I can't just shut my door and have privacy. I have been finding locations with blinds/no windows and a door lock. Then I have to put a note on the door "In use for 15 minutes. Thanks." Then I have to pray that noone will want to come in while I am doing my thing. I also strongly dislike putting all the pump pieces together, taking them apart, washing them, and repeating 2 or 3 times a day. But it's totally worth it for my little one. Oh and SO much cheaper than formula.

- Speaking of breastfeeding, it's not so bad anymore. It doesn't take as long, it doesn't hurt, and I kindof look forward to it at the end of the day. Plus I love that Eliza likes it and I am the only one that does that with her. It's our special thing I guess. I know people tell you this, but at the begining breastfeeding was soooo horrible it was hard to believe them. But it's true. It does get better and the pain and crying was worth it.

- Eliza has learned that her hands can tug on blankets, shirts, hair. It's her new favorite thing.

- Today Eliza gets to stay home and snuggle with daddy. Then it's softball time again. Looks like a pretty good Monday after all.

So that is what's going on here. I won't lie, pictures may or may not be uploaded this coming weekend. We'll see. I need faster internet and to take less pictures. Sighhh.

1 comment:

Erin_C said...

1-Missing softball.
2-You NEED pictures. What I did with slow internet is put them all on to upload and then go do dishes or something until its done. haha. Her fans in Michigan want to see her!
3-Glad you are loving breastfeeding and its going so well. You are the woman for pumping like that!
4-Carly carried that dress you gave her around for like an hour the other day. She misses you guys, too :)