Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hello Again

It's been a while, I know.

I have been busy working, sleeping, and trying to not throw-up.

But I am going to try and blog more often. We'll see how that goes.

In pregnancy news (if you don't care then just skip this part) I am now done with the first trimester. Atleast, I think I am. Noone has actually explained that to me. But I am pretty sure that the first trimester is 14 weeks. I am 14 weeks and 3 days.

So for my own memory and anyone who cares to read, here is the run down:

Due Date: June 13th

When did we find out?: October 28th. We had the church Halloween party that night and it was fun to know our secret. The next day we went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound. At first I thought maybe it was all in my head. But sure enough there was a little peanut with a heartbeat. Kase’s grin was from ear to ear. Pretty amazing. The baby was 7 weeks and 4 days along.

When did we tell people?: We told our parents that night. They were all very excited. I wanted to tell my parents in person, but I had to settle for over the phone because I couldn’t wait until our next trip home. We decided to wait until 12 weeks to tell everyone else, which happened to be Thanksgiving. More on that later. It was VERY hard to keep the secret. Especially when people at work eat gross things for lunch and made me want to barf on them.

How does it feel?: Being pregnant is weird and miraculous. I mean, I know people have babies all the time, but when it's you it's different. It's amazing that your body can grow a little person. It’s also not as gross as I though it would be. I am prepared for the grossness that will ensue. But so far so good.

How am I feeling?: Better now. I learned that if I eat every few hours, I don’t feel as sick. I have been sick a few times. Smells use to bother me, but that has faded some. I am tired and tend to fall asleep on the couch even earlier than I use to. Some of my pants are tighter than they use to be.

I have felt very blessed because I know I could feel a lot worse. I always thought I would be really really sick. But thankfully I have been able to work and not feel all too bad. I am very grateful.

How has Kase been?: Awesome. He takes such good care of me. He cleans and fixes dinner because I don’t feel like it. He made rice crispy treats for church because I didn’t feel like it. He takes care of me after I get sick. He rubs my feet and lets me nap on the couch. He brings me snacks from the kitchen because I’m hungry and the kitchen seems really far away. Yesterday, he fixed me a bath complete with candles and music. He pretty much rocks. Also, the stories of him taking care of me will be legen.... wait for it..... dary. (Inside joke you can ignore that last sentence unless you’re Kase or you watch How I Met Your Mother.)

Do we want a boy or a girl?: We don’t care, we just want a baby.

Do we have names?: We have a possible/probable boy name. We are having a harder time with girl names.

Am I scared?: Pretty much have no clue what’s going on. But I know things will work out and we’ll learn as we go. I have been worried that something will go wrong. I am a negative nelly as Kase says. I have faith that whatever happens, we will be OK.

So the 2nd Trimester is suppose to be better. Of course, I started feeling better and then I got a cold that won’t go away. So maybe after I get rid of that I will feel better.

Anyways, I need all the advice I can get so feel free to share. Thanks!

5 comments:

Erin_C said...

Ahh pregnancy. Good times. You made me laugh because you sound a lot like me during my pregnancy.

One of my workers always wore cucumber melon lotion and then all the sudden I wanted to puke every time she put it on. That was my first sign something was up with me. Still gag at that smell.

Having a good husband makes all the difference. And its a sign he'll be a good daddy;-) I used to get home from work and fall asleep, Chris would cook dinner and wake me up to eat, then I'd sleep again until he woke me up to get ready for bed. Then I went to bed. I'm sure it was a lot of fun for him.

I worried a lot too. Later you're supposed to do "kick counts" and count how often your baby moves in a certain time period. If Carly was short or still I would text Chris freaking out. He thought I was insane. I always thought it would be better when she was out and I could keep an eye on her. Turns out I still worry just as much, if not more. Good luck with that.

My advice (after that autobiographical novel)is to really enjoy this time. I just wished my pregnancy away because I was sick the entire time and couldn't wait to have a baby. But this is the last time it will be just you and Kase and its the last time you will get a REAL break in a very long time. Chris and I are beginning to realize "vacation" is a relative term now. So enjoy right now (I hated when people told me that when I was pregnant).

And I'm so glad she's due in June! We'll get to meet her before we have to move.

Erin_C said...

opps that was really long sorry. Also, I called your baby "her" and "she". Maybe its a sign??

Tiffany said...

I have no advice, but I'm so excited for you guys! I'm serious though.... I'll offer to babysit anytime! (as long as I can feed him/her chocolate and kool-aid before you return haha j/k)

Tiffany said...

oh and PS- I want to see pictures.

I hope to see you when you're home.

The Webber's said...

Sounds like a pretty typical "good" pregnancy! You've managed to control your sickness (which for many people completely passes, I was not one of those lucky people). If you haven't already, you'll notice you're not near as tired and have a lot more energy over the 2nd trimester (my favorite thing!)
Make sure you let your hubby spoil you,especially towards the last month or two when you're tired and achy.

Dont fret about the names...you've still got at least 22 or 23 weeks to decide right?! Plus we always have a list and decide officially when the baby arrives.

Good luck with everything! It will pass quickly, believe it or not! Just read the book "What to Expect When You're Expeecting" It basically answers most questions and explains things pretty well. Or sign up for babycenter.com and they send you 1 email a week on the update of your baby. Actually cool because they compare it to fruit in size and weight, lol!