Friday, November 27, 2009

Million Dollar Question

Everybody has that one Question that they get asked.


It’s usually an important Question. One for which they don’t know the answer. You meet a person and get to know them just the right amount and then they ask you the Question. You don’t have the answer but you wish you did.


Your Question changes over time as your life changes. For example, as a college student your Question might be “What are you going to do when you graduate?” Or if you’re someone whose been dating a great person who just seems right your Question might be “When are you two going to get married?” Perhaps you have been employed for 40 years and your Question is “What are you going to do when/if you retire?”


These are important Questions and if your life was planned out you would know the exact answer. But let’s face it. Life can’t really truly be planned can it? It’s not that you haven’t asked yourself your Question. It’s not that you haven’t wanted to know the answer to your Question. It’s just that you know that you can’t possibly know the answer. Not yet.


Things just have their way of working themselves out. Then one day you find the answer to your Question. And you know.


What is my Question you ask? That one Question that I get all the time but I never know the answer? Simple. I always get asked the Question: “When are going to have your first baby?”


The thing is, things have their way of working themselves out. And now I know.


My answer is this June.

14 comments:

Erin_C said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm so excited for you guys. Seriously the best news.

and for the record, I totally guessed it. all your church absences were reminding me of myself this past january and february;-) ha ha.

and sorry we fed you chilli. my pregnant tummy hated chilli

Tiffany said...

hehehe!!!

I love it. :) I love you. You guys will be the greatest parents ever. Your parents will make the sweetest grandparents ever.

I told my mom and grandma and my mom said "Wow.. you're finally gonna be an aunt!"

The Fishers said...

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! Now Patrick and Baby Clapp will have someone to play with in the neighborhood :D! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! BTW, sorry I wasn't here to chat on Friday!

Lori said...

Oh you sneaky thing! I was very suspicious when I read your post title. Congratulations, I'm so excited for you and I know you're going to be a phenomenal mom!

Bill and Jennifer Hammond said...

Congrats Laura!!! I'm soo excited for you and Kase!!!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

how fun! congrats! how has the pregnancy been treating you so far? I hope everything is super easy! you will be the sweetest mom ever!

Beth said...

Scott told us today at church!!! SOOOOOO Happy for you!!!!!!!! You guys are going to be awesome parents!

Katy Beth said...

Aw...I'm so excited for you two!! Parenthood is amazing.

The Webber's said...

YAY! Congrats to the both of you! Hope you feel great (or at least okay...) and have an easy pregnancy! Make Kase take good care of you (aka as spoil, hehe) :) Wish you guys the best and we're excited for you! Kiddos are definitely crazy but worth it! CONGRATS AGAIN!

The Quayles said...

Good answer :) I'm so happy for you all! Now you've opened yourselves up for a whole new bag of questions!!

Melanie Anne said...

Hi there! Thanks for your comment on my blog--it is so nice to meet a fellow TN blogger:) We are in the Chattanooga area.

And Congratulations!! How very exciting! The question I get all the time being the Mother of 5 boys is "are you going to try for a girl??" Ha ha!

Donna said...

Very exciting! Congrats! It will change everything in a great way! Saw that you live in Knoxville...I am over in Maryville...small world!

Unknown said...

hi laura,

thanks for wandering over to my blog to tell me it actually doesn't (you know what, like that guy said on the message board!)...I appreciate the vote of encouragement!

and so i see you've made a happy announcement here: congratulations to you and your husband on your coming baby! very cool.

here's my Question to you (and I ask b/c all three of my children are Asian, adopted): you look as if you are half Asian. Are you? Well anyway, it's okay if you don't want to answer; a bit personal for a first-time visitor, I know!

Congrats, again.

Yo Mama said...

Congrats!!1 I guess the next big question is: when are you going to go crazy??? The answer: June.