Friday, September 4, 2009

Am I Getting Old?

When I was in highschool sdfjasjr years ago, I loved to stay up late. I would watch re-runs of old shows and sometimes write or call friends. I could stay up all night if I wanted.

Now most days, I am asleep by ummmm.... 11:00. But only because some person that I live with and who is very handsome likes to stay up late watching tv. I won't name names.

After highschool, asdflakjr years ago, I liked to go see a band called The Features play. The shows were upbeat and fun. No matter how many times I saw them, it was still fun.

They have played several times here in Knoxville. Kase and I went one time, and it was fun. But the past few times they have come to Knoxville something always comes up.

The Features are playing in town tonight, and I want to go. I planned on going. I wrote it on my calendar a month ago. But.....

Now that it's closer, I keep thinking about how we'll have to find parking downtown. How we'll have to go really late because I hate waiting for bands to set up. How I'll probably have to stand a lot and it'll make my feet and knees hurt. How it'll be really late by the time they are done playing. How instead of going to that we could see a movie and be home by 11:00. How our dog will miss us while we are gone. How the yard really needs mowing instead. How a nice quiet evening at home sounds lovely.

So the chances of us going to see The Features play are growing dim. We'll see what happens I guess. Maybe I'm just getting old? I think I kindof like it.

2 comments:

The Fishers said...

I LOVE THE FEATURES!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could go with you tonight - we would so go! But my brother just came into town and we have plans with him and my parents :(. Next time they come we're going to the show!

Oh, and sorry I haven't called to enlist your help! I work on the house when you're working all day and then when you get home, I go off to work!

Lori said...

Oh Laura, I could have written this post I think. You're not old, just mature.