Monday, October 27, 2008

Life

This weekend was nice. Friday we watched my bro-in-law play one of his last high school football games. As I watched him, I thought about being in high school. It was fun. Socializing on breaks from class, picking out new clothes, the first taste of freedom after getting my driver's license. My only worries were what to wear the next day and what to do on the weekend. It was fun while it lasted, but eventually I was ready to move on.

Sunday was the primary program. All of the little children sang for the ward and were incredibly cute doing so. I thought about how fun it was to be a kid. All the games and wonderment and questions that needed asking. Nothing to worry about except how many games I could fit in before going to sleep. Those were the days.... Really though, I wouldn't want to go back. It was fun while it lasted, but eventually I was ready to move on.

People always ask me when we are going to have children. I love kids. They are fun to be around and to play with. They just make me smile. I believe that families are the most important thing and I do want kids. Right now, my husband and I are working and going to school. We work all day, and go to school at night. When we get home we work on homework, watch tv, talk, relax, and do whatever we want. On the weekends we sleep in, shop, or go to late night movies on a whim. We wait till the last minute to work on school projects. I don't have anything serious to worry about. It has been fun while it is lasting, but I'm NOT READY TO MOVE ON. Not yet.

When I get there, I am sure I will know it.

No comments: