Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Day

Are you one of those people that thinks Valentine's day was created by the greeting card industry?

Well, I'm not.

I don't really care how it was created. I think it is a lovely day. It is nice to have a day to celebrate love.

I don't think it has to be romantic love. Any kind of love will do.

I love my sweet husband. He knows me so well and takes such good care of me. He always makes me smile.

I love my sweet daughter. She brightens my every day. She has taught me so many wonderful things.

I love my sweet family. My parents, my siblings, my in-laws, my sibling in-laws, all of them. They are all such wonderful people who are giving and sweet.

I love my sweet friends. Some I've known for a really long time, and others a pretty new. But I am so grateful to have them. They brighten my day. It is nice to chat and visit. Whether it is a text message, an email, a visit, a book club meeting (yes, I am that dorky), or some other way, it is a joy to have friends in my life.

I love (most of) my co-workers. I work with some really great people. They make me laugh every day and make having to be away from my sweet baby girl a little easier.

I am so blessed.

We had a low key V-day. We had take-out Zaxby salads for dinner. Eliza had her very first valentine party at daycare. After dinner, we opened her valentines. She got cards, snacks, sunglasses, suckers, and play-dough. Her very favorite thing was bubbles. Eliza has some really sweet and wonderful teachers at school. They helped her make two cute valentines for her mommy and daddy. I am so glad her teachers are so great. She also REALLY loves her friends at school. She has been in the same class with 3 of her friends since they were all 2 months old. She asks about them often when we are at home, before bed, and in the morning when she wakes up. She is such a sweet and loving little girl.

Mommy and daddy gave Eliza her valentines from us: a little bee that sings "Bee My Baby" and a new book. We love our little bug so much.

After Eliza went to bed, Kase and I watched some TV together and enjoyed our gifts to each other. He got me our traditional chocolate covered strawberries ( I LOVE THEM) and I got him some homemade truffles.

All in all it was a lovely day.

Hope your day was lovely too.








Yes I took pictures. Yes I am probably too lazy to upload them. Sorry.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

This post made me laugh because a couple days ago I drafted a post all about why I hate Valentine's Day. I didn't post it, obviously, because I didn't think many people would see my point of view. It basically is just because it's on my birthday and I've never liked it. I don't hate it as much as I used to though.

Well, now that I sound like a total downer . . . :) I'm glad someone likes it and that you do such sweet things with your darling family.