Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sugar and Spice

and everything nice.

We're having a girl!!!!

Kase has broken the family trend of having boys first. He's always been a trend breaker. We are super excited. It was so fun to see the little one's face and bones and fingers. The baby was very active. Kase's mom and my mom were able to come with us to the ultrasound. It was so fun to have them there. One of my favorite things is seeing how excited Kase is. I love it.

It was so cool to see the baby move on the monitor and feel it move at the same time. Weird! Amazing that she has grown from a tiny blob to a tiny baby.

Everything looked good on the ultrasound except one of the baby's kidneys looked a little off so we will have to keep an eye on that. It's kind of scary, but I feel that whatever happens she will be ok. Plus it means we get to do another ultrasound that's covered by insurance, and see our baby again.

Any girl name suggestions? We had a boy name, but I think girl names are harder. There are so many!

5 comments:

Erin_C said...

Yaayyyyyyyyyyy! I told you cool people have girls;-) ha ha. I only checked facebook and the blog a million times today waiting to hear. looks like i need to get a life.

This is very good because I already have a present for baby girl clapp and its pink, so i'm glad she really is a girl.

I have about 1000 girl names if you really want suggestions. I actually just threw away a list of girl names that I liked for Carly.

The Fishers said...

CONGRATS!!!! Super fun!!! It's so amazing to watch them on the screen. It's so hard to believe. Enjoy every minute!!

PS: It took you long enough to post this! Like Erin, I've been checking your blog allllll day!!! ;)

Clapp Clan said...

Tom is always good with Campbell(sorry I had to) and although I don't totally agree wih Erin about cool people having girls. I am way cool and only had boys I am super stoked about Baby Girl Clapp.
i love you and am so blessed to have you in our family.

Katina Angola said...

Congrats!!!
hhhmmmm girl names. Emmeline, Lorelie...thats all I got

Tiffany said...

yay! I'm late posting my comment.

There's tons of girls names. I'm sure you'll pick the perfect one. I personally like old fashioned names.