Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Month with Caroline

Our little Carebear is 1 month old. I can't believe it!
This month has flown by so fast!!
Caroline is a really good baby. I think it is safe to say. I know it could change at any moment, but this past month she has been so good.
She has her fussy time, usually between midnight and 4 am. Not every night, just some times.
She sleeps A LOT. Most all day, and then pretty good at night. Today she had a good awake time, and we did tummy time and hung out. She is pretty easily comforted when she gets upset. She likes her pacifier ok enough, and she will calm down if you pick her up and talk to her.
I love her cute fuzzy hair. She has a lot of it and I hope it doesn't fall out. She has Kase's chin. In fact, I think she looks a lot like Kase. Her hair is a tad bit lighter than Eliza's was. She has pretty little eye lashes. Her eyes are a grey or green color. I can't figure it out. I'm sure they will change to something else sometime. her legs went from being michelin man like at birth, to skinny frog legs, and now are starting to chunk up again. I love a chunky baby. At her 3 week check up she weight 9 lbs 4.5 oz and was a little over 21 inches.

I can safely say she has been a dream newborn. I am actually getting things done around the house. I can eat dinner with Kase and Eliza. And I have not had too many sleepless nights. It has been a dream. It seems that each of our girls have been at opposite ends of the newborn spectrums. We'll see if they are opposites on other things as well.

Eliza loves her baby sister. She is excited to see her every day. She had one eppisode where she hit Caroline in the head (not very hard) on purpose. Eliza cried immediately and crumbled to the floor. I think she felt realy bad about it. She said she was sorry and kept giving her baby sister kisses. Eliza loves to help pick out Caroline's clothes and she helps wash her in the bath. It is going to be so fun to watch their bond grow.


We are so blessed to have sweet Caroline in our family. She trully is very sweet. Happy 1 month Caroline!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

She's such a doll...glad to hear she's giving you a break!

Brittany said...

Oh she is precious. I can't believe it has already been one month! I feel bad I haven't met her yet. Let's get together one of these days.