Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Belated Thanksgiving Post

I hate to skip over a Thanksgiving post. This year, I didn't take many pictures.

We had a great Thanksgiving though. This year we spent Thanksgiving with Kase's side of the family. Due to some events scheduled around the holiday, we hosted Thanksgiving this year. If you know me, you know cooking is not my favorite thing to do. But it was actually very fun! We cooked our first turkey. I was a bit nervous, but it turned out pretty tastey if I do say so myself! Everyone brought something delicous: Cheesy Potatoes, this mandarin orange thing Kase's mom makes that I love but I have no idea how to spell the name, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, and the best homemade apple pie I have ever tasted.

We spent the day visiting and eating. I think there may have been some football watching.

Eliza woke up that morning to help me prep the food but before all of the family came over she was ready for a nap. She napped from 11:45 till 4:30!! I kept checking on her to make sure she was OK. It turned out she had a low fever, probably a sinus infection of some sort. She needed the rest. Meanwhile, I kind of enjoyed being able to feast on the yummy food with out any interruptions.

It was a wonderful day. I am so thankful for my family. My in-law family is the best any one could ask for.

No comments: